Dining for Women travelers spent a week in the beautiful central highlands of Guatemala learning and volunteering with DFW grantee Community Cloud Forest Conservation (CCFC). They experienced life in the cloud forest of Guatemala, learning about the ancient Mayan culture, and being inspired by the people who are working to support the growth and development of young Maya women.
- Experiencing firsthand the activities of the Women and Agroecology Leadership for Conservation (WALC) program funded by your DFW donations
- Learning alongside WALC students about gardening, nursery management, and reforestation
- Helping teach local children through the CCFC Kids and Birds program
- Participating in Q’eqchi’ Mayan traditions and hike to the Maya ceremonial sites inside caves
- Visiting a local school as well as some of the students’ homes
- Learning how to roast coffee and make chocolate (and tasting them as well!)