From Inca ruins high in the Andes Mountains to the beautiful lush fields of the Sacred Valley, Peru’s ancient stories drew our Dining for Women travelers into this intoxicating destination. Sixteen travelers explored and learned about the ancient history of the Inca and how the past translates into modern day life for rural women and girls in this incredibly beautiful and diverse country.
Trip Highlights included:
- Visiting and participating in service projects with two DFW grantees: Chicuchas Wasi School for Girls and Sacred Valley Health.
- Exploring the ancient mountain town of Cusco.
- Visiting the archaeological complex of Sacsayhuaman, an immense ruin of both religious and military significance.
- Experiencing the breathtaking Moray Agricultural Terraces and Maras salt mines.
- Discovering the Ollantaytambo living Inca City and ancient history of textile art.
- Learning to cook local cuisine and make your own Quechua textile.
- Visiting iconic Machu Picchu.