Missing your DFW community?
You can continue to engage with DFW and still practice social distancing!
WHAT: Online DFW meetings FOR EVERYONE!
WHEN: 1st Thursday of every month at 8 pm ET
WHO: All DFW members and guests welcome!
WHERE: Through the virtual meeting platform ZOOM
HOW: It’s easy! See the info below.
WHY: Special speakers and presentations!
Each meeting will present that month’s projects. We are offering multiple meeting dates to try to accommodate different schedules and time zones. See the Upcoming Events page for info on the weekly speakers.
HOW TO JOIN:
Please register ahead of time to join the virtual meetings. Registration is quick and easy! Once you have registered, we will email you the link and password to join the meeting.
You can register by using the link below (beside the meeting date), or by going to our Upcoming Events page. There is a separate and unique registration link for each meeting date – please sign up for each meeting you would like to attend. Registration will stay open until half an hour before the meeting time.
DATES & TIMES
- January 7 @ 8 pm ET REGISTER HERE We will discuss our January projects with The BARKA Foundation in Burkina Faso and Integrate Health in Togo.
HOW CAN I DONATE?
No matter how you give, your donations will be credited to your chapter!
- THE BEST WAY is by setting up automatic recurring donations – Click here for the form or call 864-335-8401.
- Donate online by credit card by clicking here.
- Mail a check to:
DFW Monthly Chapter Donations
P.O. Box 890272
Charlotte, NC 28289-0272
Your donation is critical to women and girls!
Some Zoom tips:
We are using a virtual meeting platform called Zoom. You can join with your computer, tablet, or mobile phone. All of the instructions to join will be in the email you will receive after you register.
- We recommend that you join by computer so that we can see each other as well as any visuals.
- We suggest that you download the Zoom app on your device ahead of time. Otherwise you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when go to join the meeting.
- If it’s your first time on Zoom, log on a little early to make sure you get connected.
- After you click on the meeting link, make the following selections when prompted:
- Join with video
- Join with computer audio
WANT TO HOLD YOUR OWN VIRTUAL CHAPTER MEETING?
- Ask your members if anyone already has an account with an online meeting platform like Zoom, Webex, or GoToMeeting.
- Sign up for a free Zoom account. (Note: the free account allows groups of more than 3 people to have 40 minutes of free video conferencing. Watch this YouTube video to learn now to set up your account and host a meeting on Zoom.)
- Use Skype for a group video chat.
CAN’T JOIN THE ONLINE MEETINGS?
- Go to our website and the LEARN TAB for that month’s educational materials
- Follow us on all our social media outlets for current info about DFW, our grantees, and gender equality issues around the world
- Read our monthly newsletter, The Dish. If you do not receive The Dish, please sign up here.
RECORDINGS OF PAST MEETINGS
September 17, 2020 – September projects presented by three-time Olympian and founder of Kids Play International.
September 10, 2020 – September projects presented by: Cathy Caldwell, member of DFW’s Grant Selection Committee, and the following representatives of CCFC: Professor Dawn Bowen — CCFC Board member; Dr. Tricia Hall — Family physician and CCFC partner; Elvira Ac Macz and Lesly Cruz — both are CCFC Advisory Committee members and past graduates
August 13, 2020 – August projects presented by: Jennifer Hill, Founder & Executive Director for Refugee Protection International and Meghan Magee, US Operations Manager for Gardens for Health International
July 17, 2020 – July projects presented by West Co-Regional Leader Colleen Kill
July 9, 2020 – July projects presented by: Dr. Robert Rufsvold, Co-Founder/Senior Advisor for RESTORE HOPE: LIBERIA; Saundra Williams, Co-Founder/Executive Director, RESTORE HOPE: LIBERIA; Amanda Lane, Executive Director, Collateral Repair Project
June 18, 2020 – June projects presented by Grant Selection Committee member Scott Osborne
June 11, 2020 – June projects presented by Rebecca Lepsik, Executive Director of CureCervicalCancer, and Kay Yoder, Director of US Operations, Ripple Africa
May 28, 2020 – Our Director of Grants & Partnerships, Dr. Veena Khandke, along with several DFW grantees discuss the UN Sustainable Development Goals and how they apply to women and girls. Slideshow & Report
May 7, 2020 – May projects presented by Grant Selection Committee member Brighid Blake
April 30, 2020 – A special grantee conversation, moderated by Dr. Veena Khandke, DFW’s Director of Grants & Partnerships, discussing the impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic
April 16, 2020 – April projects presented by Diversity, Equity, and Inclustion Committee member Rizwana Khader
April 9, 2020 – April projects presented by Grant Selection Committee member Celeste Medina
March 26, 2020 – March projects presented by Grant Selection Committee member Linda Baxter, and DFW Guatemala trip presentation by Vicky Bush-Joseph