Together Women Rise awards 12 Featured Grants per year in the amount of $35,000 to $50,000 each.
Featured Grants are awarded through an annual application process. We invite Letters of Intent in April and announce the selected grantees in October. Click here for the grant cycle calendar.
We feature a different project each month, provide extensive learning materials on the project and the issue being addressed, and promote it through our nationwide chapters, website, newsletters, and social media. Grantees are assigned to be featured in a specific month based on issue area and geography.
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for a Together Women Rise Featured Grant.
- To maximize the educational opportunities for our members, during the course of a year, Together Women Rise will strive to fund projects that address the varied issues, needs, and geography of women and girls
- Projects funded will address one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Projects funded will create lasting change in the lives of the women and/or girls who are affected.
- Projects provide solutions that have been identified by the women and/or girls being served and must actively include their perspectives.
- Grantee must be able to demonstrate the direct impact of the project funded and demonstrate methods and ability to monitor and evaluate the project.
- Grantees are sustainable organizations with multiple funding sources.
Requirements for Grantees:
- Grantee must be a US 5.01(c)3 corporation or have a fiscal sponsor which is a US 5.01(c)3 corporation – A fiscal sponsor is a US non-profit organization that provides fiduciary oversight, financial management, and other administrative services to help build the capacity of charitable organizations that do not have a US 501c3 (non-profit) designation. An applicant that does not have a US 501c3 (non-profit) designation can submit an application to Together Women Rise with a fiscal sponsor if they have a verifiable present relationship with that fiscal sponsor that has been in existence for the past 12 months. The fiscal sponsor would need to satisfy all the Together Women Rise grant criteria. We do not accept registration documents issued by any other country.
- Grantee’s relationship with fiscal sponsor must be of at least twelve months’ standing.
- Grantee must demonstrate capacity and on the ground operations in countries with populations of greatest need for a minimum of three years.
- Grantee and/or fiscal sponsor must provide Form 990 or Form 990 EZ for the two most recent consecutive years demonstrating $100,000 in annual expenses. We do not accept 990-Ns or 990-PFs.
- Grantee must have minimum of operating expenses of $100,000 annually for the most recent fiscal year unless using a fiscal sponsor.
- At least half of the members of board of directors of the of the grantee organization must be women at time of application.
- Grantee must demonstrate fiscally responsible practices
- Grantee must provide data regarding the direct impact of the organization’s programs
- Grantee must provide evidence of its monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Grantee must have a website in English unless using a fiscal sponsor
- Grantee must be able provide a video clip at least 5 minutes in length about organization and the funded project upon being selected for a grant.
- Grantee must provide high resolution photographs upon being selected for a grant.
Ready to Apply?
We are no longer accepting applications for our 2023 Featured Grants. Applications for our 2024 Featured Grants will be accepted starting April 1st, 2023. Please review the grant cycle deadlines HERE.
Contact our Director of Grants and Partnerships, Dr. Veena Khandke at 864-335-8401