In addition to funding direct services through our Featured Grants, Together Women Rise partners with organizations that are working to create broader, systemic change in order to achieve global gender equality. Our Transformation Partnerships are specifically focused on addressing the root causes of global gender inequality. We want to transform the social and cultural norms, beliefs, practices, and laws so women have equal access to resources, decision-making power, and opportunity.
TRANSFORMATION PARTNERSHIPS ARE AWARDED BY INVITATION ONLY.
We do not solicit or accept applications for these types of grants.
Together Women Rise seeks to work with partner organizations in a participatory model, with shared decision making, learning and flexibility to adapt and grow over time to achieve long-term goals. We understand that systems change is a long-term undertaking and iterative process; we seek trust-based partnerships.
We offer two types of Transformation Partnership Grants:
- Initial Grants ($35,000 for 6 months) are designed to give grantees and Together Women Rise an opportunity to get to know one another, learn together, define goals, and plan a change strategy.
- Implementation Grants offer multi-year funding ($50,000 -$100,000 per year) to implement a change strategy or launch and test a pilot intervention.
We do not solicit applications for these Initial Grants. Specific organizations are approached and invited to partner with us.
We are looking for stable organizations with a deep understanding of the political and socio-economic issues in the country in which they work. Organizations should have a track record or a deep interest in systems change work, and a willingness to work collaboratively with us. Grantees must also meet the criteria for Transformation Partnerships outlined below.
- Grantee must be a US 5.01(c)3 corporation or have a fiscal sponsor which is a US 5.01(c)3 corporation.
- If using a fiscal sponsor, the relationship must be of at least twelve months’ standing.
- Grantee must have experience of at least 3 years in the country in which they work.
- Grantee or fiscal sponsor must have $100,000 in annual revenue for the last 2 years, and must provide Form 990 or Form 990 EZ for the two most recent years.
- Grantee must demonstrate fiscally responsible practices.
- Grantee or fiscal sponsor must have an active website.
- Grantees and fiscal sponsors with a majority of women board members are preferred
Contact our Director of Grants and Partnerships, Dr. Veena Khandke at 864-335-8401