Our Member Travel Program
Together Women Rise’s Travel Program provides meaningful and inspirational travel experiences for our members. These trips offer opportunities for members to connect face-to-face with our grantees and the women and girls we serve. Our goal is that these experiences will deepen our members’ understanding of the issues facing women and girls in the developing world, especially the women we support, while fostering strong bonds of friendship with travelers.
Together Women Rise’s exclusive travel provider is Elevate Destinations, based in Cambridge MA, which specializes in designing and implementing travel programs for nonprofit organizations while empowering and respecting the local destinations. It is a female-owned and operated social enterprise with a strong commitment to sustainability practices and gender issues.
Together Women Rise works with Elevate Destinations to select trip destinations that are of interest to our members and allow visits to Together Women Rise grantees. We are committed to offering unique travel experiences at a variety of price points in order to appeal to as many of our members as possible.
For questions or more information on any Together Women Rise trip, please contact Elevate Destinations at email@example.com.
Visiting Together Women Rise Grantees
Together Women Rise members interested in visiting one of our grantees are encouraged to participate in a Together Women Rise sanctioned trip through Elevate Destinations. On occasion, our members are interested in connecting with grantees when they are traveling on their own. Some of our grantees have their own visitor/volunteer models and are well-equipped to handle tourists. For others, accommodating visitors can cause undue hardship because of their limited staff and resources. Together Women Rise has developed some guidelines that will help to minimize any hardship on our grantees while allowing our members to connect face-to-face with the women and girls we serve.
October 13-22, 2022
Spend an enriching and enlightening ten days with Together Women Rise in Nepal — a country known as the “cultural powerhouse of the Himalayas.” Nepal is truly the perfect destination for every type of traveler. Situated in the Himalayan Mountains, Nepal is a country rich in history, culture and majestic wildlife. Experience the beauty and tranquility of palaces, sacred temples, shrines and artwork here in Buddha’s birthplace.
Aside from learning about the Nepalese context, you will also have the unique opportunity to visit and learn alongside four of Together Women Rise’s grantees in Nepal and experience, firsthand, how they are impacting the lives of Nepalese women and children. In a country where there are tremendous gender disparities, these impactful organizations equip women and children with the skills and resources to become leaders of their own futures. We invite you to join this inspiring and uniquely customized journey with Together Women Rise that highlights holistic approaches to uplifting communities in Nepal.
- Discover the vibrant culture and traditions of Nepal through cuisine, sightseeing and interacting with local communities.
- Learn about local efforts to promote development through equality, improved healthcare and education, and global advocacy.
- Engage with four of Together Women Rise’s Nepalese grantees; Little Sisters Fund, BlinkNow Foundation, Hands in Outreach and One Heart Worldwide
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage site, Bhaktapur, one of the best preserved medieval city-states of the Kathmandu Valley.
- Spend two days at Chitwan National Park, a protected jungle recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1984.
THIS TRIP IS FULL. Click here for more details.
For questions or more information, please contact Together Women Rise’s travel provider Elevate Destinations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 4-16, 2023
Join Together Women Rise for an unforgettable journey through Rajasthan, India, the Land of the Maharajas. A region famous for its regal culture and rich heritage, Rajasthan is home to majestic palaces and forts, colorful arts and handicrafts, and delightful cuisine. You will spend 13 days exploring the historic cities of New Delhi, Jodphur, and Jaipur, seeking out a glimpse of wild tigers at Ranthambore National Park, and topping off your adventure by visiting the iconic Taj Mahal.
You will also have the unique opportunity to visit and learn alongside four of Together Women Rise’s grantees in Rajasthan and experience firsthand how they are impacting the lives of Indian women and children. These organizations equip women and children living in poverty with the skills and resources to become leaders of their own futures. We invite you to join this inspiring and uniquely customized journey with Together Women Rise that highlights holistic approaches to empowering women and children in India.
Over this 13 day trip, travelers will have the opportunity to engage in the work that Together Women Rise supports in Rajasthan, India. Through this inspiring learning journey, travelers will:
- Discover the vibrant culture and traditions of Rajasthan through cuisine, sightseeing, bazaars and markets, and interacting with local communities
- Learn about local efforts to promote development through skilled arts, access to healthcare, food and water security, technology, and education
- Engage with four of Together Women Rise’s grantees; Asia Initiatives, Gravis, Anchal Project, and Edu-Girls (Vimukti Girls School)
- Visit beautiful palaces, forts, and temples of the Rajasthan region such as Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur, the “Palace of Winds” in Jaipur, and the iconic Taj Mahal
- Spend two days in the stunning Ranthambore National Park, a protected reserve for tigers, leopards, and marsh crocodiles
THIS TRIP ONLY HAS TWO SPOTS LEFT. CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL ITINERARY, COST, AND TO REGISTER FOR THIS TRIP.
For questions or more information, please contact Together Women Rise’s travel provider, Elevate Destinations, at email@example.com.