Our Book Club is open to anyone who loves to read and cares about Together Women Rise’s mission to achieve global gender equality. We feature fiction and nonfiction books related to:
- Gender equality
- International women’s issues
- Global poverty
- Countries where our grantees operate
- Women’s history and accomplishments
- Memoirs/biographies of strong women who changed the world
We use Goodreads to share, review, and discuss books. Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Together Women Rise’s volunteer Moderators post books regularly and generate online discussions.
How to Join
- Go to Goodreads and create your free account.
- Click on the “Community” tab, then “Groups” and search for Together Women Rise.
- Click “Join Group” button below our logo.
- Click on the Book Shelf to view or add books.
- Invite your chapter members or friends to join.
- Attend quarterly Book Club events
- Discuss what you have read with other Book Club members.
The Together Women Rise Big Read
Each quarter, we select one book that we will feature for Together Women Rise’s “Big Read”, and we encourage everyone to read this book at the same time! We highlight the book in our newsletters and on social media, and host a virtual book club gathering to discuss the book.
Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 8pm ET
Book: The Night Watchman
Author: Louise Erdrich
Summary: The Night Watchman is the winner of the 2021 Pulitzer Prize for fiction. Based on the extraordinary life of National Book Award-winning author Louise Erdrich’s grandfather who worked as a night watchman and carried the fight against Native dispossession from rural North Dakota all the way to Washington, D.C., this powerful novel explores themes of love and death with lightness and gravity and unfolds with the elegant prose, sly humor, and depth of feeling of a master craftsman.
Speaker: Christine Stark, an award-winning writer, researcher, visual artist, national and international speaker with Anishinaabe & Cherokee ancestry. Chris will join us to discuss the current situation and challenges faced by indigenous women here in the U.S.
Online Book Club Event: Thursday, October 20 at 8 pm EASTERN
If you purchase books on Amazon, be sure to select Together Women Rise as your charitable organization with Amazon Smile. Together Women Rise will receive .5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.