African Stewed Potatoes
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into big pieces and soak in water. Leave aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté till brown.
- Add ground turkey and continue to sauté
- Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper, paprika, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and bell pepper and continue cooking until potatoes are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot as main dish for 4 – 5.
Notes and Instructions
Recipe and photo credit: Global Pearls, Inc.