Long grain rice – ¼ cup
Water, to soak – 1 cup
Milk of choice – 2 cups, divided
Cinnamon stick – 1 (can substitute with ¼ tsp ground cinnamon)
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Vanilla – ¼ tsp
1. Rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
2. Soak the ¼ cup rice in a cup of water overnight.
3. Discard the water and add the rice to a blender. Add 1 cup of milk of your choice.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Using a cheese cloth strain the blended mixture into the pot
6. Add the other cup of milk to the pot
7. Add cinnamon stick (or ground cinnamon) and sugar and simmer on low while stirring, for about 10 minutes
8. Add vanilla extract
9. Serve warm
10. Can be prepared ahead and warmed before serving
Notes and Instructions
Recipe and photo credit: Vinola V. Munyon