- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lb spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1/4 lb dried anchovies
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Boil dried anchovies with salt and water for about 45 minutes, to generate about 2 cups of stock. Strain and add chicken bouillon to stock.
- Blend peanuts into a fine paste. Add to the chicken/fish stock in the pot and let boil.
- Blend one of the sliced onions and garlic. Add to the peanut and fish stock and let boil.
- Add spinach leaves to the pot and simmer until spinach is soft.
- Separately, heat oil in a pan until hot. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Remove shrimp from pan. Add remainder sliced onion into pan and stir fry until brown.
- Serve the pot of Ndole onto serving plate and arrange fried onion and shrimp on top.
Notes and Instructions
Recipe and photo credit: Global Pearls, Inc.